Random points of note
Turns out I did like my hair. And now that it's no longer straight as straw, I want it straight again (except for those days when I choose to not do anything to it and go all out curly. Which can be done - honest! Like in THIS photo (not sure whether the Book Bonobo would be cool with me posting her pic, so it's photoshopped out, but that's the side of here there on the right). Ah, the joys of having naturally curly hair. So, I ordered a straightener from Boots. And it even comes with a US adaptor, so I can continue to use it when I get home. Yes, many of you will have noticed that I did say that I already own a straightener back home in Canada. However, it was probably cheaper to buy a new one here than it would be to have mine packaged up and sent by my parents. Not to mention that I'm not sure it'd work very well with UK voltage.

(That's from New Year's Eve, btw, when I got to play fairy princess for a bunch of small children... *shudder*... ah well, I got paid).

I will also be heading to the Minster Library tomorrow. York Minster Library happens to be housed in a medieval chapel. And if all goes according to plan, I will be playing with a 1610 edition of Foxe's Book of Martyrs. How cool is that?!

Had a pretty good birthday on Saturday - ended up going out for Mexican with friends (yup, seems to be a bit of a trend when I actually do go out for my birthday, but what can I say? Sangria and margaritas are so very lovely... although oddly enough I really missed Julio's refried beans...). Had one of the girls from school come out (oddly enough, NONE of my classmates could make it, and the one girl that did was from one of my option courses... but I like her and it's all good) as well as a few from bell ringing. Then went to the Three Tuns pub for a drink, followed by a meander into town to the Evil Eye Lounge. Raked in some great new music from my parents and from Delly Bean as well as a fantastic book on Victorian London from Chautauqua Girl.

Spent Sunday doing nothing really. And today I've been reading articles about the carnival-esque and executions. Yay!

I Am Reading
Academically: Punishment and Social Structure (Rusche and Kirchheimer)
For Fun: Hudson (yeah, I took a break and am just now heading back).
3 Responses
  1. Hey I saw your pic below and above! I love the hair and your fairy princess costume! Happy Happy Birthday-belated!


  2. genderist Says:

    Nice curl. I wish I had the choice to go curly or straight from time to time!


  3. Anonymous Says:

    ach, i don't really mind, there are several horrid photos of me at the Fort on the Internet anyhow, and i actually like that photo of us, cause we're totally medieval adventure babes -- medieval adventure, here we come!

    bb