Hair
I got my hair cut today.




Stop that.

Don't snicker like that.

This _is_ a big deal. I only get my hair cut once every six months or so.

I'm still not sure whether I like it or not. Not only did she get rid of my split ends, but she also went NUTS thinning out some of the volume. I had a good rat's worth of hair (link provided for the non-historically-interpretatively-initiated) left on the floor, and probably would have packed it up to bring back with me, but didn't. I really should have. Ah well. Whatever. I don't know if I'm ever going to be interping again. And she feathered the ends. And straightened it. Which is totally not how my hair will ever look ever again (don't own a blowdryer, much less a straigh... wait, I do own a straightener. In Canada. That I've never used). But my hair feels superthin now, when I'm used to superthick. This is going to be weird until it starts to grow out again.


Anyway. Oddly enough, this may be the best picture of me taken in recent memory...

I Am Reading
Academically: Just about to head off to the library to see what's next on the ol' dissertation reading list
For Fun: The Undomestic Goddess (Sophie Kinsella - I needed some brain candy)
3 Responses
  1. Crispy Says:

    Delly beat me to it for sure, but still I second the motion whole heartedly. WAY HOT! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Or as I prefer to call it... HAPPY NATAL DAY!!!!

    (p.s. I signed up for a blog just so I could comment, you should feel special)


  2. genderist Says:

    I like it!

    And HBDTY! Hope yours was great...


  3. Sarah Says:

    It looks very cute, Kate. It must feel good to have all that weight off your head (thick hair can be so heavy). It's a cute look.

    It seems I am also the last to wisht you a happy brzday. I hope it was mirthful for you.