Monty Python
Ok, seriously, how can people NOT have ever seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail? Especially if you're a historian that has worked on medieval England at all? I mean, honestly. My friends and I worked that into every single medieval English class we could - whether it was medieval English history, medieval English literature... etc.

It turns out that two of my classmates had not seen this particular epic of cinematographic brilliance.

So, several pints and many shots of tequila later, we watched it in my room, to the best of our ability, considering that we had consumed many pints of Guinness/Carlsburg (ok, I know, it's not really English, but it's what I know and love) and many shots of tequila (they'd never had tequila, either!! What the heck is up with that? I mean, really?! And do you think anywhere on campus had GOLD tequila? No, so we were stuck drinking the clear stuff. Oy.). I don't think they entirely followed, but they got enough to realize that the movie is, in fact, funny, and that Monty Python is, in fact, perhaps one of the best British exports that the New World has ever seen (I also showed them the "every sperm is sacred" bit from Meaning of Life).

I have also learned that in comparison to my (female) classmates, I'm evil. Their innocence and naivete shocks me.

And now I think I will drink one hell of a lot of water, take a few ibuprofen, and head to bed. Yes, it's only about 11 p.m., but we started at 5 and have been going straight through since then. Apologies if there are any spelling mistakes - my drunkenness seems to increase my innate minor dislexia.
2 Responses
  1. Sarah Says:

    Have you seen my fish? Well, unlike those two rubes, I have seen The Holy Grail, and the Meaning of Life. Those ones kill me...The Jaberwocky is beyond my anglo-comprehension, but I can't imagine the hilarity that ensued after beer and tequilla. Too bad about the Gold, too, though see if you can hunt down some Don Jose Anejo tequilla. It's worth Christendom and a day.


  2. genderist Says:

    Tis merely a flesh wound!

    - What are you going to do, bleed on me?