Je vais au Pays de Galles
Yup. I'll be leaving this room, this campus, and my laptop behind shortly (well, in just under two hours) to head to the train station from whence I shall commence my journey into the country of the Gaels - Wales! I shall be headed to the lovely Aberystwyth and hopefully will be able to see many of the sights!


Aberystwyth is sort of in the middle on the left hand side there, just under the giant "Wales" bit. You should be able to click on the map to enlarge it if you're really interested.

I bought hiking boots a while ago, so hopefully we will, in fact, be able to "climb" Snowdon (it's more like walking up a really giant hill on some of the easier trails, so there will be no picks or ropes involved...).

As mentioned, the laptop is being left behind (unfortunately some school books are coming with me - I can't spend 5 hours on the train and not do SOME work, I'd just feel ridiculously guilty), and I'm not sure what sort of access L has to the internet at home, so there may be no posting until Monday or so. There will be photos and such at that time as well.

Take care, all, and I'll see you on Monday!

I Am Reading
Academically: The Craft of Dying: A study in the literary tradition of the Ars Moriendi in England (Nancy Lee Beaty)
For Fun: Keeping Faith (Jodi Picoult)
Pile of Books on my Windowsill: 10. 3 read, 6 unread, 1 half-read.
2 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    for the record...
    I like you whole piles of lots, despite your current distance away (stupid "pond") and admire you a great deal. I adore reading your blog because I miss chatting with you and this is a chance to stay inside your head periodically (for a little while), and remind myself of the fabulous woman named Katamus that I miss and let slip out of my daily life.
    So there...
    HA!


  2. genderist Says:

    Safe travels!

    Come back with stories so that I can continue to live vicariously through you.