Random photo blog
As mentioned the other day, the weather around here has been absolutely gorgeous. I've been taking the opportunity to walk into town as much as possible (part of the reason I spent so much time at the Minster Library). So here are some photos taken on my walk into town (and in town, and back out again...)


This one is New Walk Terrace, a really nice street in town.

And here we have some geese and goslings on the bank of the River Ouse (pronounced 'ooze').
From the river you can see a lot of the sights in town. The squarish towers sticking up in the background there are the Minster. The steeple is... a church (not sure which one). The round thing is Clifford's Tower.

We needed to pop into King's Manor - it's part of the University at the moment, but was built in the 17th century for Charles I.

This is the courtyard inside King's Manor.
This is looking out the windows into the Courtyard. I was trying to capture the funny patterns in the glass, but it didn't work too well. You can sort of see it in the yellow-ish pane down at the bottom there.

Detail of the carvings above a door in King's Manor.

And this is on the way home - this is one of the bridges over the Ouse and the footpath that runs along the river.

I Am Reading
Academically: Criminal Law and Society in Late Medieval and Tudor England (J. Bellamy).
For Fun: Dark Fire (CJ Sansom)
4 Responses
  1. Sarah Says:

    I will either borrow my brother's or get kspaans. It's really worth noting.


  2. genderist Says:

    What pretty, pretty sights! I'm totally jealous, again.

    Thanks for taking me on the tour.


  3. Dr Vegas Says:

    I think I might take a leaf out of your book and start revising in the library. The walk home is not nearly as nice as yours but my bedroom is starting to get depressing. Hopefully now that the sun is shining the clouds of gloom will lift and everything will make sense...!


  4. Anonymous Says:

    Lovely, lovely pictures, Kate! (Now, why do other universities always look so much nicer than one's own?)