Of things I have been doing since last post...
All right. Let's see. Last time I posted was Wednesday morning.

Wednesday at 2 p.m. I went to see the Special Collections Librarian here at the uni. Figured I'd get a bit of an insight into this librarianship/conservation thing, feel out the job market, sniff out funding bodies. While she was lovely, the propects presented to me weren't that great. The Uni's conservator retired four years ago and they haven't been able to secure approval to post the position. The funding isn't there. The U of T is in the same spot. Lovely. So there's demand, but there's no money to hire conservators in this country. Great.

I also went to see an interesting presentation by EPS - about their Hate and Bias Crimes unit. I think I was hoping for more "suggestions on how to be proactive in your community", and it ended up being more of a "this is what a hate crime is and this is who you report it to". Nonetheless an interesting presentation.

Thursday was yoga. New instructor (our usual one is out on holiday). More of an aerobic workout, and, to be honest, it was nice. Worked at The Body Shop during the evening, leaving me stupid tired. I also called my landlady-to-be. I'm leaving the country in two days, I need to get that lease signed, dammit! So I'm going in this morning to do it. It was a bit weird, though, as they have an answering service. I was totally expecting to get her answering machine, but nope, I got this random person. It was weird.

Friday was, well, it was Friday. It was pizza and beer night in our house. Works for me!

Saturday... Worked during the day at TBS. Wasn't as killer as the Saturday before, but it was still good. We're on track to make the quarter, so we're excited about that. I don't know that we'll be sending our manager to Paris, though (there's a bit of a contest going on...)

Sunday. Went and had my eyebrows waxed. I must just be weird, but even when the esthetician is ripping out my hair by the roots, it's still kinda relaxing lying there on that table with the low light and the Enya playing. Then I went for pizza at a friend's place. Pharo's spinach pizza on whole wheat crust is so unbelievably excellent... Makes me sad they don't deliver.

My shoulder has been twinging off and on. It's the same one that started to hurt after the self-defence course, the one the 5-0 guy was wailing on with the red pads. It's like I'm on the edge of dislocating it or something. It's really obnoxious.

Anyway, woke up this morning in a pissy mood. Don't really know why. I just felt like snapping at everyone. Swearing at the phone and just letting it ring...

I went and signed my lease today. I may need a teeny bit of help moving after all... It's not so much heavy stuff as just lots of little pieces. Although my piano is a bit heavy (it's a digital, not an actual piano by any means, but still heavier than most pieces of furniture it's size). I'm not sure when I'm going to do it, though... I don't know what my work hours are like for Easter weekend yet, and I'm meeting my voice teacher (yup! I'm starting again!) on Good Friday afternoon/evening...

Ah well, things will work out. And they're looking pretty up.
1 Response
  1. genderist Says:

    Pizza and beer: what a fantastic combination!

    I heard this morning on the news that pizza might soon be considered a health food! I'll post the link below. I know it's far-fetched, but these tweaks could possibly make me the most healthy person alive.

    http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/03/26/pizza.antioxidants.reut/index.html