Of random things
I did it. I applied for the job. I also applied for a federal government job in an office I've worked at before... Not that I want the job, but again, the pay is good and the benefits would be immediate... It would mean working in the same office as my mother again *shudder* but at least we wouldn't be living AND working together. I think I could maybe handle that.

I went to see 300 last night. I can see why the Iranians might be a bit upset - one of the greatest leaders they've had in all history is portrayed as a bit of a femme, and quite frankly, I don't think the Persians had Samurai warriors, but what do I know? - but folks really need to lighten up. It's a story that historically we only know the bare bones of, from some ancient Greek dude, so a little creative license has to be allowed. Lots of blood, lots of gore, lots of well-built nearly-naked men. My kind of movie.

Went dress shopping on the weekend. I have ranted about my hatred of shopping before. I will spare you the details this time. Let's just say that it's stupid difficult to find a nice dress to wear to a co-worker's wedding when you're low-waisted and would rather not wear something that looked like it stepped straight out of the 70s or 80s. My mood was not helped by that.

Found a super-excellent duvet cover at The Bay. Now I just need a duvet to go with it. Not to mention a bed.

Getting frustrated about the whole moving process, as my parents have re-arranged everything that was in their basement being stored while I was away. Do you think I have ANY clue where ANY of my stuff is any more? And do you think they seem even remotely willing to help sort through it all? Not until after they get back from England, anyway, and that'll be halfway through April. Want to go buy stuff at Ikea, but there's no point until _I_ get back from England and have the keys to the apartment and such either. I just want to get the hell out of their house and into a place of my own. At this rate I won't be moved until my lease is fucking up. Sorry. Just frustrated.

Ok, should go answer email. Or not, since we don't have any. Maybe having a job where I actually got to do work _would_ be a good thing.
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    sorry shopping was so frustrating. some things are just frustrating...

    i'm glad that you applied for the jobs, come what may.