Apartment
I went... I saw... I liked... I put down a deposit and filled out an application... The place is nice - bright, fairly large, it even has a dishwasher! The balcony is HUGE! I could amost have a party on it alone... and it looks right out over the Legislature building... It's on the end of the building so there's a pretty unobstructed view to the southeast... Lots of storage, kitchen with more counter space than my old one, there's CUPBOARDS in the bathroom (this is a huge improvement over the last place)... and I'm already mentally figuring out where to put all my furniture! (It's hard when you've really just got one big room and need to fit dining, office, living and music rooms in it... but I think I've got it figured out. Bookcases may need to be in the bedroom, however. The building is also a sort of EPS experiment - I had to sign a contract saying I wouldn't do anything illegal while I was living there (no drugs, no trafficking in humans, no weapons, etc.). It's brightly lit, there's a security guard on when the office is closed... For the price, I can't beat it in terms of location and amenities. I'm so excited!!

I was even offered a part-time job while I was there. "If your hours at the university are ever reduced, we could use someone over here with experience in running housing..." Ha! Hilarious!

I'll probably find out later today or tomorrow whether I've got the place, just based on some credit and background checks, so I'll let y'all know.
4 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    this is me with my eyes squeezed shut and my fingers crossed - sending all my positive thinking energy your way today!!


  2. Magnolia Says:

    Oooooooooooohhhhh!!!!!!!!!

    Fingers crossed! What a lovely way that would be to start the spring!



  3. Anonymous Says:

    My apartment is really small so to save space I used retro bar stools at my counter as a dining area. Theres some really good ideas here: americanchairs.com.