Of difficult things
So I decided I owed it to my boss to tell her that I applied for the other jobs. She did, after all, hold this position specially for me when she saw that I'd applied, which is part of what would make it hard to leave here. I wandered into her office today and basically told her which positions I'd applied for and why (namely immediate benefits, better pay, and permanence).

She was remarkably understanding, which makes it just that much more painful - knowing I might end up leaving this super-awesome boss for someone that's not so super-awesome... She was an absolute sweetheart and said that in all honesty she didn't figure I'd be here long. I'm still sort of hoping that a position will open up over on this side of things so that I don't have to leave here, but it's not looking all that great at the mo. I _DID_ know the people here before I started working here, which was one of the reasons I took the job instead of holding out for somewhere or something better - it would be difficult to leave such an excellent bunch of people. Especially since I've since heard some not-so-great things about the maturity level of the folks in the office I'd be heading to if I took that other University job in the meantime, and another person I spoke to waxed positive about the job itself, but not the people, office or environment.

So now my fingers are sort of half-assedly crossed that one of the other jobs works out. I don't want to leave the people here, but I know it would be better for me in the long run. Does someone want to tell my why it is that all the jobs that I want or like or have an interest in are the ones that I can't really or can onely barely live off?
Labels: , edit post
3 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Kate, that's why we went through an expensive university education: in order to get jobs which don't pay well. :-/


  2. Magnolia Says:

    Oh, I hear you sister. But until we can pay bills with lingering wood smoke and leftover molasses bread, I guess we're screwed. Sigh.


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Stupid complications in life... BOOO!!