There is good news, and there is bad news...
I won't ask you which you want first, because, for my first item, it is the same piece of news.

Brazil is back. And Ronaldo's back with them.

They have finally played a game in this cup with the style and ass-kicking skill for which they are known. Ronaldo may not have been great, but he at least _did_ something for the team this time around.

This is great if you are, like me, a fan of Brazil. This is bad if you are, like me, also a fan of anyone else that might possibly end up playing a game against them. England and Brazil will need to both make it to the semi-finals before that happens (god willing), and then I will be faced with a massive dilemma.

The good news: Ronaldo earned 25 points for my fantasy team.
The bad news: I have a bunch of Czechs and Croatians on my team. You knew at least one African team had to surprise the hell out of us and knock someone out of the first round *coughSenegal02cough*, but why'd it have to be Ghana?
Now, for other things in my life.


The good news: My throat issues would seem to be a virus connected to the sinusitis that I had a week and a bit ago.

The bad news: I miss the ENTIRE group of 16 whilst I am in Paris. What the fuck is up with that. Why the hell did I not go with a mobile provider that has roaming? Why does my phone give me 5p/minute calls to Canada, but not the ability to recieve text messages from FIFA while in France? I'm seriously thinking of buying a French SIM card whilst there just to keep up. For serious. Really. I'm not kidding.

The good news: My supervisor didn't rip the bits of my thesis that I'd handed in to shreds.

The bad news: I still have 14000 words to write.

The bad news: I need to clean my room.

The good news: I somehow still feel fairly positive about life, the universe, and everything.

I Am Reading:
Academically: The Construction of Martyrdom in the English Catholic Community, 1535-1603 (Anne Dillon)
For Fun: The Scarlet Letter
Pile of Books on my Windowsill: 6. 1 read, 3 unread, 2 half-read.
0 Responses