Blogging is a beautiful thing...
Only in blog-land can I whine about red tape and have it cut for me within a couple of days.

Not that I think anyone at the IND is actually reading my blog, I just think there's something slightly cosmic about the fact that only a couple of days after I wrote a fairly major rant about not having my passport, the IND sees fit to send it back to me.

Today has been fairly uneventful. Wandered into town to run some errands (fathers day card, contact lens solution, dress for dinner in a couple of weeks), watched the England-Jamaica friendly at the White Swan (good times, although rather like watching the English spear the poor little Jamaican fish in the little barrel that is a German soccer pitch - final score was 6-0), ate at McDonalds for the first time in a few years (nope, hasn't gotten any better...) and walked home, checked the mail, and, voilĂ , my passport! Woohoo! Time to email P and see about getting myself to France for a weekend! Score! Anyone wanna come? Seriously. If you can make it to London Gatwick to join me on an easyjet flight to Toulouse...

Ciao for now!

I Am Reading
Academically: The Sicke Mans Salve (Thomas Becon, 1568)
For Fun: The Scarlet Letter (Nathanial Hawthorne)
Pile of Books on my Windowsill: 11. 3 read, 1 half-read, 7 unread.
3 Responses
  1. Dr Vegas Says:

    I love productive days like that when you get loads of errands done AND have some fun in the pub. I miss the pub. But then again in 2 weeks I will probably be taking up residence in the nearest pub after my exam for about 5 weeks until I get the results....


  2. genderist Says:

    I wanna go! Alas, for now I'll just have to live vicariously through you...


  3. Anonymous Says:

    the statistical liklihood of me actually snogging a co-worker this summer is pretty low, unless i tie someone up and drag them up to the fur loft against their will... and that would make me creepy.

    potential snogging at Gatwick?? ooohhh airport snogging.

    yours in snoggin',
    bonobo