Productive day
Unfortunately _not_ academically.

Had a really shitty sleep last night - Doesn't happen often, but when it does, it totally throws me for a loop. Nevertheless, I managed to get out of bed around 10 a.m. and walked into town. I probably should have gone for a jog (I'm actually sort of sticking to it this time!) but figured the walking into town would be enough. The other problem is that everything is still really icy around here. I leave Canada for a couple of months and forget how to do winter. Go figure. Nonetheless, knowing me, I'd fall on my ass and break something.

But I went into town for a purpose - I needed new trainers/running shoes/sneakers/whatever you call them in your local idiom. Mine are 3 years old. Running in 3-year-old shoes isn't good for you. Even _I_ know that (this was later confirmed - running-shoe life is supposed to be 1-2 years). I don't have any knee problems yet, but it's only a matter of time considering that both my parents have screwed up their knees. So I'm doing everything I can to avoid that. So I went to a place that's designed specifically for runners and joggers - Up and Running. Reminds me of The Running Room back home. But the chick who helped me out with my shoes was superfriendly. She did all sorts of tests on my feet to see how they move, and they even got me running on a treadmill to figure out what sort of motion I use when I run. It was nice, 'cuz I got to run in the running shoes I was actually going to buy without looking like an idiot running through the store. Even got a student discount! Yay!

But then I decided I wanted a pair of sneakers to just wear around casually. Clark's is my new favourite shoe store. They're where I found the wicked awesome boots before Christmas. Found a pair of black sneakers that vaguely remind me of the Filas I had whilst being a Visitor Services Girl (ie: on my feet 8 hours a day for five months of the year outdoors in the summer in all sorts of weather for two summers) that I absolutely adored.

Had tea with Nic today - she made me drink my tea through a Penguin bar - sort of a wafery thing covered in chocolate. Quite entertaining. And we watched two episodes of the Simpsons from Season 7 - the second part of Who Shot Mr. Burns and the one where the kids get taken away and given to the Flanders as foster children. Quite appropriate, as our hardcore Christian classmate is getting baptized tomorrow and has invited us all. I can't go. I'm sure lightening would strike me down or something. Ok, seriously, though, I'd just feel stupidly uncomfortable.

And now I'm blogging instead of reading a play - ironically enough called "The Witch of Edmonton". Tee hee.
0 Responses