Boredom
I should not be allowed to get bored. Stir-crazy. Whatever you want to call it. The structure is gone from my life now that classes are over for the term and when I don't have a shitload of reading that HAS to be done by day X, then I tend not to do it all as quickly. Let's face it. I'm the average student. I procrastinate a lot. It always happens around this time of year, too.

When, however, I do get bored/stir crazy/cabin fever, I tend to alleviate it by modifying my body in some strange way. It's how I got the piercing in my upper ear. It's how I got my tattoo (although I'd been considering that one for quite a while). It has turned my hair numerous shades of different colors (mostly black and red... not at the same time... the worst was probably when I had the two chunks at the front of my face dyed blonde...).

This time around has been no exception.

Meet my BRIGHT FRICKING RED hair.


Trust me, the picture doesn't do it justice. It's not quite fire engine, but it's definitely very red. It's only supposed to last 15-20 shampoos, so it'll keep me amused for a while, then nicely fade away.
2 Responses
  1. Sarah Says:

    Its so pretty! I do impulsive things like that under emotional duress. It's also how I got a tattoo, and cut off all my hair with kitchen scissors. So, props to you for picking a colour that looks amazing, and retaining most of your hair.


  2. genderist Says:

    I love it! Make sure you get someone to buy you some green beer tomorrow!