Dublin!
All right - let's see how much of this I can get written before I have to get off this computer. Easiest way to do it is just to excerpt from my travel diary, so here you go:

March 25, 2006.
8:30 a.m. Took the train from York to Leeds yesterday, then from Leeds to some tiny place called Hosforth, from whence I...

9:30 a.m. Sorry - airport shuttle came. Anyway... "From whence I..." was going to call a cab to take me to the travelodge. Well. Actually, I was rather hoping that there would be a taxi rank at the train station. No such luck. Horsforth is about as middle-of-nowhere as urban England gets. So I wander to the nearest pub to find the number for a taxi company... and there's no reception on my cell phone. Joy. I ask the pub people if I can use their phone, and they have no phone. What the hell is that? So I get the cab company number programmed into my phone and head across the street where, fortunately, there was a Spar convenience store. I ask if I can use their phone. The clerk pulls his own mobile out of his pocket, but he's got the keypad locked, so as I hand it back to him to unlock it, I realize I've now, just by going across the street, suddenly got reception on my phone! Yay! So I call a cab and wait for a bit, and then take the cab to the airport Travelodge.

The Travelodge is even more in the middle of nowhere than the train station was, so I watched tv for a few hours... realized I was bored out of my mind, AND hungry... so wandered out to the vending machines to grab something to eat. The reception lady heard me puttering around and gave me her leftover pizza! How nice was that?

Didn't get any sleep, though. Well, two hours...

Crap. Time's up. I'll have to continue this the next time I find some sort of internet access. Take care, all...

-K
0 Responses