It's cold.
I honestly shouldn't be whining. I'm from Canada, for god's sake. The temperature is still above 0 during the day here. I shouldn' t be complaining. At all. Really. But goddamn it, I'm cold. I think it's because I can see the lake freezing over outside my window. So I'm huddling here at my computer wrapped in an Ikea blankie that I'm so bloody grateful that I bought, wishing there was a way to seal up my drafty window, drinking tea. The end result being that I'm going to have to pee a lot... but what can ya do?

On a completely different note, since there is nothing exciting going on in my life at present (unless you count reading journal articles that are trying to come up with a good theory on why most witches were women without resorting to the usual feminist oppression crap or the marginalization theory... which I don't count at all), I was doing random web surfing for fun things. Like... It's Happy Bunny. And what did Kate find? Oh yes, folks. Heaven. There's an official shop based off the artist's website. AND, yes, you can CUSTOMIZE your t-shirts. It's too bad I'm rather leery of ordering clothing off the net - I'm never sure it'll fit me properly. I've found some really nice stuff lately that I'd love to have, but without being able to try it on... Well, anywho.

And last but not least, because I can't work in complete silence but find that music with words that I understand (ie: in English and French) and talk radio and that sort of thing completely distract me, I've taken to listening to Welsh and Gaelic radio. So you get cool music (esp. on the classical shows and the folk shows - totally conducive to studying) without the interruption of the announcer. Well, the announcer is still there, but I don't speak a word of Welsh or Gaelic... well... maybe a word... but that's about it.

Slainte!
1 Response
  1. We have been wishing for cool weather here for so long I that I got tired of hoping for it. I don't even think we have hit freezing here yet, it's pathetic. Enjoy the freezing lake for me...