I gots needles!
Yes, folks, I finally managed to get my hands on some properly-sized knitting needles, and am playing with the yarn that Adele spun for me! Yay! This whole double-pointed knitting-in-the-round thing threw me for a loop though (pun sortof intended - I typed that, immediately realized how punny it was, and decided to go with it anyway). I'm having a b**ch of a time finding wooden needles in this town, and had to special order the size I needed. But, it's done, and I'm creating a project! Yay! It's been so long... nearly 2 months since I did anything crafty, and I haven't sat down to knit or crochet since the end of August (running around a movie set trying to find the security guards who are either asleep or useless and/or patrolling the damn set yourself BECAUSE the guards are asleep and/or useless isn't exactly conducive to getting anything done).

So here's what I've got so far, in all its blurry glory (I still can't figure out how to make this damn camera do closeups, or get the color right, for that matter):


Eight rows of rounded goodness.... and just ignore the geekiness of the reading material in the background (unless you, too, are a geek and are interested - it's David Starkey's "Six Wives: The Queens of Henry VIII").

2 Responses
  1. genderist Says:

    Good for you! Nothing like a project to keep your hands busy-


  2. Hiya Katie! Here I am, totally bent on spamming your blog in the future. *ggg* And I'm most definitely looking forward to reading about your English adventures. :O)

    Six Wives of Henry VIII? I'll be covering that in my class on Wednesday. The whole course is a tour de force through British history: from the Ice Age to Maggie Thatcher in 9 weeks.