Meh
Meh is such a great word. Syllable. Whatever. And it pretty much sums up just about everything going on these days, esp. since my last set of posts. Not much exciting has happened, not much shitty has happened... it just is.

Every Friday is jeans day here at work. You pay $2 into a fundraising pot for various costs and you get to wear jeans to an office that is otherwise business-ish attire all the time. The last fundraiser was meant to be last Friday, as the occasion for which money was being raised occurred this week (if that makes any sense). On Friday, there were several office folks lamenting that this would be the last jeans day, so I talked to the person coordinating the fundraising, and she agreed that jeans day could go on, as they still needed to raise funds. I sent an email to the department indicating this would be the case until further notice, and got a snarky one back from one of the other manager sorts saying that staff "should not come to expect this to go on and on". I sent a nice, cheerful message back indicating I was going on the advice of the fundraising coordinator person and that we could terminate it whenever the department felt we should give notice. Poop way to start the morning.

I haven't been sleeping well, either. I had this strange recurring dream... not quite a nightmare... all weekend that involved me having to meet the King of Nepal (does Nepal even have a monarchy?!) and learn all the protocol (protocal??? protocol??? Neither looks right at the mo and I'm too lazy to look it up) involved and I was completely unable to do so. There was also concern about payments and other stuff in there... I don't know about you folks, but usually when I wake up I manage to tell myself it's just a dream and go off and dream about something else. Not this time. Every time I woke up I was sure that I'd somehow fucked up the protocol.

Apartment hunting goes shittily. A lot of places aren't even keeping waiting lists at this point, since they can basically fill up with walk-ins.

I found a suit. I probably won't wear it much, since it needs to be dry cleaned, but it's there and it fits properly.

And hopefully the sore throat will not develop into full-blown illness. Cold FX here I come!
4 Responses
  1. Delly Bean Says:

    My friend P's building has a sign up...but I don't think it will be cheap, it's just off Whyte (but very close to your place of employment).


  2. Magnolia Says:

    There is something about this time of the year. Nothing happens, everything sucks. I'm in a general state of "meh" too.


  3. genderist Says:

    Maybe it has something to do with you not liking certain rules... bucking the rules... from prominent figures... like people who say you can't wear denim??


  4. Kate Mc Says:

    Oh, probably. These are the same people who sent the entire department on a "Style For Success" seminar the other day, which ignored all the concerns the department has previously expressed about our dress and style - approachability to students, budget issues (I don't have a pre-loaded Visa with my name on it from Stacy and Clinton to go out shopping with), practicality...

    So I'm not surprised they were freaked out about the possibility of jeans continuing.