Whining works
So. If there is something I have learned in life, it's that whining on my blog solves bureaucratic red-tape issues within a few days. Remember the passport issues? I blog about it and a few days later things work out. I blog about the job interview shit, and a few days later it works itself out.... If only my love life worked that way...

I received a phone call from the Honorary Consulate up in Edinburgh today, and they were more than happy to accommodate me. This means that my job interview is on Friday at 3 p.m. British time (8 a.m. Edmonton time). In Edinburgh. I just booked my train tickets. Luckily there were a few Saver Return tickets left, and so I'm not totally broke now (45 quid return! yay! That'd be about 90 bucks Canadian, in case anyone's interested).

They've now had the gall to tell me, though, that I might miss this selection round and have to wait until the next one since I won't be coming back to Canada until mid-October.

And they WON'T pay my travel costs. Stupid government. Or my cell phone bill. Bastards. But whatever. The pay's decent and the benefits are nice. And the job itself ain't half bad.

So I'm heading up on Friday morning and coming back on Friday night. After my interview I may try and find the B&B where I'm staying next weekend when I head up for the Tattoo...

So, wish me luck, folks!
4 Responses
  1. genderist Says:

    Luck! Luck! Luck!!

    Three cheers for jobs with good benefits!!

    Fingers crossed that your interview goes off without a hitch!


  2. Okay, so good luck since you have blogged about it...

    AND, if this thing works then I need to blog about losing weight, getting my new job, and finding a million dollars. Those posts to follow soon...

    Someone once told me that it is strange Karma that the minute you tend to accept or come to terms with a situation and resolve yourself that you are actually coping with the outcome that strangely things seem to follow suit and go the way you wanted them too...invariably that has been happening to me lately, and I hope it continues to happen for you. Honestly, good luck. I know how stressful the job hunt can be.


  3. Kate! Kate! It worked! Your theory is correct! I got the new job today-or rather it's at 99% sure I got the job. Here's to hoping...


  4. Anonymous Says:

    woah, wait, what? tattoo???
    UPDATE!!