Smoking makes me sick
Yup, that's right. Smoking makes me sick.

I'm not a frequent smoker. The urge to smoke is usually brought on by stress, which I'm usually able to suppress, unless you get some booze into me as well. (I blame it on my parents. They both smoked when I was a kid... and then there' s just the act of having a cigarette - heading outside, lighting up, and just not thinking about the shit going on around you for a few minutes...).

Enter the Evil Eye Lounge and a few yummy and delicious cocktails. Spread out over four hours. Granted, there was fair bit of actual alcohol in each cocktail, but nothing that should have knocked me on my ass like it did this morning.

This has led me to the conclusion that when I drink AND smoke, I'm much more ill the next day. Like, throwing up ill. The last time I threw up after drinking was after a Fort party, where, *gasp, surprise*, I'd been smoking.

Is it possible to have a nicotine hangover? 'Cuz I think I've got one... Although having come and spent several hours at the library with a bottle of water and my dissertation and I'm feeling much better. Now to get some food into me... lunch time!

I Am Reading
Academically: A friend's comments on my dissertation, alongside my own dissertation. It's so handy to have friends that are experts in fields related to your own. I love the Rev. Dr. Ruth Gouldbourne at this point in time!
For Fun: Still slogging away at the adventures of Hester Prynne and the Rev. Mr. Dimmesdale
Pile of Books on My Windowsill: No change. I should probably get to those...
5 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    i think it makes sense to have a nicotine hang-over - the whole cigarette does funny things to your system. (i should know)
    Besides, maybe you have an anti-addictive personality and this is your body's way of not letting you get addicted to something that's bad for you.
    *shrug*
    who the heck knows...


  2. I completely think that there is...the Count and I are working on our 14th time to be quitting and we fall in to the habit usually when we are drinking...It makes my hangover 10 times worse, and I totally agree...We just have to learn to stay away for good...


  3. Kate, just thought I would let you know that Gender is out of surgery and doing fine. I think her husband says she's coming home tomorrow...Jana


  4. genderist Says:

    Ta-da... and here I am!

    I think that instead of going outside to smoke, you should go get an ice cream cone. Ice cream is a way better habbit.


  5. bipin Says:

    i quit smoking after trying real bad for a long time. i definitely had withdrawal symptoms for a long time. pissy and stressed out most of the times.
    good luck with yr tries..