Hmmmm...
This has nothing to do with anything.

But is it just me, or does John Terry (England footballer) not look an awful lot like Matthew Macfadyen (English actor)?

I know this is rather girly of me, but the resemblance has been bothering me since the beginning of the cup. Seriously. It's like they could be long-lost cousins or something. Hell, for all I know, they ARE long lost cousins or something.

I seriously had the biggest crush on Macfadyen when he was still in Spooks (MI-5 in Amerispeak - it was/is on A&E - you should watch it!). I've not seen Pride and Prejudice yet, though, as I still really believe I'll not like it (and I have an irrational hatred for Keira Knightley). The said crush hasn't really transferred onto Terry, which is probably a good thing.

In other news, Germany won tonight, and while I didn't get to see Cristiano Ronaldo cry, it was good enough for me. He's been an arrogant little prick all through the tournament, and I've been quite glad to see that my irrational hatred for the spoiled little brat has been picked up by the rest of the English nation in varying degrees. Sure, he can play when he puts his mind to it, but all in all, he's a child that cries when he doesn't get his way. Anyway. 'Twas a lovely game this evening with many a great run from either team, and it was nice to see Khan play - he's such a fantastic goalie, even if he is a little past his prime.

And so, tomorrow, I have only one thing to say... "Allez Les Bleus!"
3 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Hey Kate. Cousins, they could be brothers. Anyways, I must advise you to watch the A and E version of Pride and Prejudice. It is 10 times better, explains everything better and doens't have Keria Knightly but rather the hottie Colin Firth. Mmmm...sexy brit!! Anyways, see both just for your curiosity but the A and E version is defnintly better!!


  2. Kate Mc Says:

    Yeah, got that covered. I've watched the A&E version many a time. (SSSHHHH - don't tell - it's actually the BBC version that A&E bought. If there's one thing these Brits do unbelievably well, it's their TV.... and the pubs... and the fish and chips, often in the pubs... and the history... and... and...)


  3. 'Twas a lovely game this evening with many a great run from either team,

    And as we all know (since it was sung with gusto during the play), "Stuttgart ist viel schöner als Berlin", or in other words, "Stuttgart is much more beautfil than Berlin". *g* Even though they gave a lovely party for our team in Berlin yesterday, with about 1 mio people crowding the fan mile.

    RE: the new P&P film: it's a nice film alright, yet whoever researched the historical background ought to be shot. The amount and extent of historical inaccuracies is truly unbelievable. A pig running through the Bennet's house??? Mr Bingley marching into Jane's room when she's ill at Netherfield (and in bed!)??? Mr Darcy wandering around the countryside with his shirt half-open (nice chest hair, but plueeeze!) while Lizzy does the same in her nightdress??? She also arrives in Netherfield with her hair unbound. The little hussy.