I have a dilemma...
So I'm planning what the hell I'm going to do with myself for 3.5 weeks when I'm done school. Here's how it looks so far:

Sept 22 - get the shipping company in to pick up all my shit except for one suitcase's worth, my backpack, and my laptop.
Sept 23 - take the laptop, suitcase, and backpack and head down to London, to drop off the laptop and the suitcase with either my friend A, or at my friend R's.
Sept 24 - ?
Sept 25 - ?
Sept 26 - ?
Sept 27 - Head up to Durham. Meet M. Catch evensong at Durham cathedral, then head up to Newcastle for the night.
Sept 28 - Hadrian's wall (sleep at Newcastle).
Sept 29 - Show M around York (I love this city, and playing geeky tourist in it is so much fun! Sleep at Newcastle again).
Sept 30 - Go to ? (this will either be Glasgow, Edinburgh, or Inverness).
Oct 1 - Fly from Inverness (or Glasgow, or Edinburgh) to Stornoway. Rent car from lovely car rental place at airport that will provide me with an automatic, since I'm still incapable of driving standard. Spend a quiet evening at the B&B since there's dick all to do in Stornoway on a Sunday.
Oct 2 - Drive around the Isle of Lewis. Take in the Broch, the blackhouses, the whalebone arch, the standing stones, etc.
Oct 3 - ? May spend a second day on Lewis. Or I may take the ferry back to the mainland and head to Inverness
Oct 4 - If I didn't go back to the mainland yesterday, I'll go today. If I did go back to the mainland, I'll be joining M and some of her friends in Inverness for a tour of Loch ness and Skye. Sleep in Inverness (probably at the youth hostel - 5-star hostel in Inverness, it's quite lovely, really!).
Oct 5 - ? (Explore Inverness)
Oct 6 - To Edinburgh. Meet with the ladies at the Herald House Hotel.
Oct 7 - Edinburgh.
Oct 8 - ?
Oct 9-17 - ?
Oct 18 - Head to London. Pick up stuff.
Oct 19 - Fly home to Canada.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do on the question mark days? I have free accommodation in Kent, Norfolk, Aberdeen-ish area, Glasgow-ish area, Preston, Chester, Aberystwyth, Swansea, Bournemouth...

Any ideas whether or not there's really more than one day's worth of stuff to do on Lewis? I've had mixed reviews... and I've never been to Skye, but _have_ done Loch Ness and don't really need to see it again...

And if you'd like to join me at any point, you're more than welcome!

I Am Reading
Academically: The saying of Iohn late duke of Northumberlande uppon the scaffolde at the tyme of his execution the xxii daye of Auguste 1553.
For Fun: The Scarlet Letter
Pile of Books on my Windowsill: unchanged
2 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    I like the outfit your little girl/weather thing is wearing.


  2. genderist Says:

    I have no clue what to suggest-- I want to say to take advantage of all the free places to stay while you're there!