Give sorrow words: the grief that does not speak Whispers the o'er-fraught heart and bids it break.
You may or may not have gathered from reading this blog that I'm a bit of a tomboy. Not a big fan of high-heeled shoes... would rather be wearing my 'slouch fit' ripped jeans and a tank top than a skirt and nice top. Makeup is rare. And I like football. And I like to think that, for a Canadian, I'm fairly well-educated when it comes to football.

This is why I have this deeply ingrained feeling right now that all is NOT right with the world. Really.

England went out. Let's face it. They were up a good team, and even a man down they fought it out like absolute champions (fucking ref!... although Rooney brought that one totally on himself). I was prepared, however, to quit crying (ok, I didn't actually cry, but it was close), and dig my fingernails out of my palm from where they'd been clutched around the cross I wear on my neck (not that I believe in any sort of Christianity - it's a Celtic cross, I have Scottish blood, but I digress...), and get on with supporting my other babies.

And now they're out too.

England out. Brazil out. All in the span of 6 hours.

What the fuck?!?!

"Stands not within the prospect of belief" and I am now at a complete and utter loss.


2 Responses
  1. Dr Vegas Says:

    I feel your pain. The next manager is going to be even worse. I hope Portugal get hammered by France and when Ronaldo gets back to the Man Utd training ground Rooney, Neville and Ferdinand are going to sort him out.


  2. Kate Mc Says:

    I certainly hope so. He's an arrogant little prick, that one.