Of taking lunch at another desk
My desk is exposed to the public. So I ran away. To another desk that's behind a wall somewhere where students won't interrupt me. So I can actually write a real entry for this thing.

First: Graduation really wasn't as bad as I've been making it out to be. My 'rents and I are just NOT meant to be together for extended periods of time, and so I was getting hugely frustrated. It's amazing how much better we're getting along after we didn't talk to or see each other for a week.

Next: The saga that was my parents' voyage home. They were meant to get back on Tuesday. 6:30 a.m., I'm rolling out of bed, and the phone in their house is ringing. I let the machine pick up, until I heard my mother's voice. At which point I ran over to the other room and picked up the phone. "We were meant to leave 1/2 an hour ago, but we're still sitting in the airport. They say we're going to be about 2 hours late". Fine by me. Means I leave work later, get paid for more hours, and can still make it to the Body Shop, albeit maybe a few minutes late. I've been at work for a couple of hours when I get another phone call. "We're still at the airport. Don't know how late we're going to be." Fine. Another couple of hours and I check the Air Canada website. Their flight has been cancelled. Lovely. So my parents got home about noon yesterday rather than 2 p.m. on Tuesday. They were put up in a hotel overnight and given food vouchers and such, and were fairly tired when they got back, but it worked out in the end.

And again: So my furniture arrives tonight! Yay! I also want to send a shout out to Magnolia, her significant other, Jill and my friend N, who all came out and helped me move what little stuff I had left at my 'rents to my apartment. Y'all rock!

And as mentioned, I'm stupid busy at work these days (it's a deadline looming tomorrow, so I'm sure at 3 p.m. tomorrow I'll be stupid swamped). My apologies if I'm less than communication-worthy at this point. I have no internet at home until Saturday between 12-2 (my Shaw appointment last night was a casualty of Air Canada's screw-up - I wanted to be free to pick up the 'rents if they arrived in the evening). So it's all work breaks and such.

Take care, all
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    I'm so glad you've moved in OK... Can't wait to see pictures of your new place! Congratulations on your graduation, too. :)