Of settling in
So my stuff is mostly all moved into the apartment now (that includes clothes and the like!), and so I'm set to actually begin living here. There are still things that need to get done - I need to find picture hangers for a couple of frames, I need to get some other stuff framed, but it's mostly little things like that - the decorative touches that would really turn the place into home. Having said that, though, it's really coming together, and once I get the cardboard and garbage out of here, it'll be brilliant.

I do still need another bookcase. When we moved my stuff, we moved about 8 boxes of books, and damned if I didn't find another 4 boxes worth lying around the 'rents house between then and today. I've got the 'personal/fluff' books in my bedroom on the book case in there, but the more academic/serious books are still in boxes in my living room. That and maybe a small table to set my stereo on. 'Cuz right now it's living on its cardboard box. Functional, but not elegant. Sort of student-first-apartment-esque. And I'm not a student any more. For now, anyway.

Went to see Antony and Cleopatra on Thursday night. Good fun. I can say I'm all cultured up for the month that way, I guess. I have a hard time suspending disbelief when I see shows that people I know are in, though - you can see exactly what that person is bringing of themselves to the character, and at times it seems more like watching your friend than it does like watching the character, if that makes any sense at all...? Having said that, though, it was a good two hours. Very entertaining. So nice to see Shakespeare acted, rather than just reading it.

Needed to pass up several potential engagements on Friday, and having seen the photos from some of them, I'm sad I had to - Magnolia's Vegas-themed party looks like it was an absolute blast, for example.

Got a letter from the folks at the government job I applied for. It wasn't a PFO letter, which is always nice, but they want me to write a test on Friday morning. Which I could do, but it's the second busiest weekend of the year at work, so it's not really feasible. I'm going to call tomorrow morning to see if I can make alternate arrangements, but if they say it's Friday or nothing, then I might just bow out. The only busier weekend they could have picked would have been Labour Day weekend. *Kate knocks wood that something doesn't come up for that weekend*

Anywho. Time to have a bath and go to bed. Although I don't have to get up at 6 tomorrow morning. Nope. My alarm will go off at 7. I will leave my apartment at 8, and I will still make it to work on time. This instead of leaving the 'rents house at 7 a.m. So very excited. Looking very forward to the sleeping in, such as it is.
3 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Sleeping in is fabulous and amazing and congratulations on the new place actually being yours now!!!


  2. Magnolia Says:

    So tell me--what is the job?


  3. Anonymous Says:

    You must feel so good to be in your own place now! Congratulations again!!