Of planes, trains and...
Automobiles. Yes, automobiles. I'll describe grad and the trip later, but for now I have a dilemma.

My parents are still in England. I picked up the vehicle from the Park'n'Fly. I drove the vehicle home. I noticed that the fuel indicator kept lighting up, telling me I don't have much gas left... but this would last for about 2 seconds - long enough for the needle to go down about 1/4 of a tank, and then it would go off, the needle would shoot back up to where it was meant to be (just below full - we put a full tank of gas in before we went to the airport). It did this off and on throughout the 1/2 hour drive back to the house.

I'm worried. I don't want to drive the van, but there are things I need to do (like, oh, say, move... go shopping at Ikea... pick up my 'rents from the airport when they arrive next week... just some little things, y'know). I have NO idea where my parents usually get the damn thing serviced, so I can't even pull a "please, pretty please, you know my parents, can you check this out?!". I don't want to go to a random and be charged an arm and a leg. I don't want to pay for repairs (although I know the 'rents would reimburse me)... but the LAST thing I want is to be driving somewhere and have the damn thing die on me.

Input?
3 Responses
  1. genderist Says:

    Maybe there's a receipt from the last tune-up in the glovebox? Did you look there for hints?


  2. Anonymous Says:

    it could just be a fuse...
    the other thought would be to go to the dealership garage and ask specifically to just check the guage. but the glove box is a good idea too.


  3. Magnolia Says:

    We always tend to err on the side of caution when our car is concerned. I'd take it in. Your parents will likely thank you for it later too. Safety first!!