Of graduation
Ok, so I drove the van around for a bit today, and the thing was being stupid on the way in to pick up my apartment keys (yay!!!), but on the way back out and during my driving in Sherwood Park, it was fine again. I suppose if it starts misbehaving again the next time I drive (which will likely be Thursday or Friday at this rate - no point in driving to work when parking is $10/day and I'm going to need to buy a bus pass anyway), I'll have to take her in. Hopefully I'll last until after my 'rents get back. Which reminds me that I need to buy a bus pass. Shit. Looks like I'll be driving to the transit centre stupid early tomorrow morning to get a (free) parking spot so I can buy a pass. Bugger it all.

So I graduated, eh? Flew to England leaving here Wednesday afternoon and getting in at about 10 a.m. local time on Thursday morning. Meandered up to York where (by this point having been up for about 26 hours) I had a nap at the B&B and then got up again to go to the bar. Had a pint with some of my classmates, went to C and N's new-ish flat, then wandered back to the B&B to sleep again.

Friday morning was the ceremony. I don't do mornings well, usually, but throw in jet lag, the fact that I wasn't all that keen on going to graduation anyway, and that my mother was insisting on treating me like I was in a foreign country and had no idea what I was doing, and I must admit I look fairly pissed off in all the photos. Not to mention tired. Ah well. The ceremony itself was short, sweet, simple. 1.25 hours and we were out of there. Yay! Spent the afternoon and evening with my 'rents walking the city walls and having dinner before retiring back to the hotel room to sleep yet again.

I spent Saturday shopping, then had dinner and drinks with C. Sunday I went down to London where Crispy and I got to meet up for a few hours - took in an exhibit at the British Museum (which was superfun - it was Europe's first look at the new world - paintings done by an artist on journeys to America in the late 1500s) and then went for dinner at a Thai restaurant.

As promised:
The unofficial but much-better-looking-than-the-official graduation portrait.

And the completely unofficial but much better looking informal portrait. The UFO in the background is Central Hall, where the ceremony took place.
2 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Congratulations Kate! You've taken your degree so far : )

    'Must have been fun to pop back overseas for a quick visit. How did everything look?

    What's the current e-mail address you're using? I switched over to gmail - amy.didrikson@gmail.com

    Amy


  2. genderist Says:

    Those are great pictures!