Please ring bell for assistance
Is the sign I'm replaced by when I'm not at the uni. It's reassuring to know that I can be replaced by inanimate objects (which reminds me that I need to take the sign down. I'm here now, after all, aren't I?).

I have only three more days to get through before I get a blessed day off - yup, you guessed it, Christmas day. I then get Friday next week off, too, which is stupidly exciting. Two days in one week! Whatever will I do? This is my tenth straight day working after one day off...

So very tired... was at work at FEP until 10 last night (means getting home nearer 11 p.m.), then up at 6 this a.m. to get ready for uni work - a grand total of about 5.5 hours sleep, and I go until 10 again tonight. I HATE having to get up to drive my mother to the bus station - it just makes my day so much longer...

They want me to go out to some Newfie bar after work at FEP tonight, but I'm not sure I'll last that long... Luckily I don't have to be at work at TBS until 1:30 p.m. tomorrow. That's a slight saving grace - I'm not looking forward to it, though - the last Saturday before Christmas? Eep! Hopefully the people will be nicer than they have been so far this week. We've had the parents bringing in the kids that needed to be babysat while Dad shopped, the customers that are frustrated that we don't have stuff in stock, the customers that won't listen when I tell them that our store has never had a certain item (maybe they saw it at WEM?)... Bastards.

That rant aside, the people at FEP last night were the sort that make being at FEP entirely worthwhile. I'm not a huge fan of the storytelling that's happening in St. A's this year, mostly because it seems like a bit of a cop-out after Gift of the Magi, but whatever - the folks last night were actually interested and attentive to my stories. And the fact that I snagged the fedora to wear when I went outside was kinda fun, too (me, materialistic about my costume? Nah...).

And I don't imagine I'm going to be particularly busy today. So maybe, as the IT guy just suggested, I can curl up under the desk and nap. Maybe the "ring bell for assistance" sign isn't so bad after all...

**So, looks like I won't be avoiding the bitchy people after all... Just had a guy come in pissed off that we wouldn't let his daughter back into her room to get some stuff she'd left behind - Yelling is a bit of an understatement, and it just HAD to be the day our resident 5-0 officer wasn't in... go figure... Luckily we didn't end up having to call 5-0, but it was a pretty near thing.**
Labels: edit post
0 Responses