Christmas decorating
So we decorated the office at the uni for Christmas today. This involved an early morning trek deep into the bowels of the residence boiler room complex (I say complex, because there is not simply one boiler room...) to the cages where random storage occurs. We retrieved a few small boxes of stuff (yup, three boxes... four people on the trek... you can see how busy we are in this office) and returned to the office to set up. We were done in an hour. I'm not sure what to say about the results, except that it has a mini light-up porcelain Christmas village as part of the scheme behind my desk. It's not my style (last time I checked velvet-textured bristol-board snow men weren't quite on the list of most classy Christmas decorations ever), but, y'know, it's Christmas. And it's nice that I got to help decorate.

It's my first Christmas shift at FEP tonight, as well. I'm looking forward to it - not in costume today, but will be tomorrow. I got bonfire and tour-guide duty this evening. I'm a little nervous as I haven't really bothered to read the information they gave me about Christmases past in Edmonton; that might be my task for this afternoon, since there's really not much work-work to be done in the office here.

It's also jeans day. But I forgot my money, so no jeans for me (not to mention that I forgot to wear jeans... I could have scrounged something up in terms of cash).

And we're going out for lunch! Yay!

And that is all.
1 Response
  1. genderist Says:

    I stopped by a local TBS last night and thought of you.