So...
I'd written a great post, but the stupid internet Kiosk wouldn't let me finish it. Bastards.

Am still sick - woke up on Thursday feeling like ass and have felt much the same since, so am living mostly on Powerade. Had a great time at Durham Cathedral, Hadrian's Wall, and a shitty time in York - was travelling with an American who's American in the worst sense of the word - loud, insincere, obnoxious, disorganized, etc. I'd only ever spoken to her via email before, and she seemed nice, but ended up being like all those evil Collette tourists. Lots of jewelry, flashing her money about, letting her mobile ring and ring and ring and ring and ring in a CHURCH of all the fucking places... I was right pissed by the end of the day and was glad to have escaped her.

Will be sleeping well tonight. Am at a youth hostel in Inverness (spent the day on a coach trip out to Skye and had a good time) and they've tried to keep me as isolated as possible after I explained I felt like ass - I only had 2 roommates last night (the room sleeps six people) and so far haven't had any show up this evening. There are selfish and unselfish reasons - a) want a good night's sleep, b) don't want everyone else in the hostel to get sick.

Tomorrow I'm up bright and fucking early to catch the 8:05 bus to Ullapool to catch the ferry over to Stornoway on the Isle of Lewis. I'm renting a car there and attempting to drive for the first time in the UK - luckily I'm on my own schedule, no timetables, so if I make a wrong turn here or there there's no worries. Also not worried about driving over there as a traffic jam will be someone herding sheep down the road. Seriously.

Take care all,

-K
3 Responses
  1. Crispy Says:

    speaking of tourists, it's so bizarre going ot school at a tourist attraction...
    anyways, hope you feel better soon. Am sending multiple echinacea and vitamin c vibes your way.


  2. genderist Says:

    Be safe! Drink plenty of fluids...


  3. Dr Vegas Says:

    Get well soon - no point being in Scotland if you are sober!