Back
Well, folks. I'm back in York. It's 10 p.m. local time (3 p.m. mountain time back home). I hate transatlantic travel. By the time I got back to York I'd been up for damn near 24 hours and I was ready to just fall asleep. So I did for a few hours. And now I'm wide awake.

I wish I could say that I was glad to be back. But everything just feels sort of wrong. Maybe it's because I'm tired. I don't know.

What I can offer you all, though, are some photos from my vacation.


This is me and Willow. Willow is my friends' new puppy that I was mentioning a couple of posts ago. Damn, she was cute.

The Muttart Conseratory (where I worked New Year's Eve) has all sorts of fun plants and things - this is their Orchid display (and a bit of my friend Bonobo's (not her real name) shoulder).

And finally where I was technically stationed - the arid pyramid. Cacti, succulents that sort of thing. And for future reference, folks, arid means DRY, not WARM. Could have used a sweater if I was going to be in there all night (I managed to escape though).

2 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Hi Kate! I heart that puppy! What kind of dog is it?

    I hope you're feeling better today (this evening, i guess, your time). Keep in touch (I will send you post!)

    Sarah


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Ditto on the 'things feeling wrong' when you arrive back in England from Canada. I haven't felt... right... all week. Hope you're better by now, though.