I know it's kinda stupid, but...
There are days when I wish I had my apartment back. Not that I'd give up this experience for the world - I'm meeting great people and learning great things. But it's pouring rain today and it's disgustingly windy, and I'd like nothing more than to curl up on my IKEA sofa and light a few candles, put on a pot of hot water, and sip hot chocolate all day whilst watching movies (or potentially actually reading some of the journal articles I should be reading at present). I could wander around in my pyjamas all day, should I choose to do so. But no. At present, I live in one room, no TV, my DVD player refuses to play anything that isn't from North America, candles are prohibited in residence (well, technically they were in my apartment, too, but I have a feeling that would be more rigidly enforced here). At least I bought a small coffee pot, so I can definitely have coffee. But no sofa. If I want to curl up anywhere to watch anything, it's usually in bed, which leads to me falling asleep. And although my flatmates have said they're cool with people wandering around in their pyjamas, I'm still not comfy with that whole notion - they're almost complete strangers, so it's odd.

Anywho.... Back to "Honor and Gender in Early Modern Rome". Oh joy.
0 Responses