Do do doo do, do do doo do, do do do do dit do doo do
And now that I've potentially gotten "Tom's Diner" in your head, I apologize. But that one little phrase of Suzanne Vega's is totally summing up my life right now. It's a waiting game.

I called Toshiba today, and the courier DID manage to get my laptop there. Turnaround is about 5 days... so it's looking like AT LEAST early next week before I get my computer back. Oy. It's currently sitting in their depot awaiting 'spare parts'. Which is probably what happens to Canadian peoples' laptops when they request that they have a US-style keyboard rather than a UK-style keyboard when their laptop is repaired. Sigh.

I'm also waiting for Saturday. 'Cuz Saturday should be fun. I'm going to play at IKEA! Yay! The nearest IKEA is in Leeds, which is a bit of a drive away, but the Overseas Students Association is organizing a bus there on Saturday, which cost a whole £2 (about $4CDN)... and I'm definitely excited about the possibility of getting myself a laundry bag, a drying rack, and, potentially, some sheets/duvet cover that aren't the ugly ones the University gave me. Not that they're god-awfully ugly, but they're definitely not my style.

I'm still waiting for my information to come in the mail so that I can get my bank account opened. Hasn't arrived yet. Should've gone with something other than HSBC - their website was less than informative, their customer service has been absolute shite, and I'm still waiting, more than a week later, for the paperwork to open my bank account. And then I have to wrestle with TD Canada Trust to see if they'll let me wire transfer without being physically present, since they won't do it over the phone any more. Bugger.

And so I sit. And I wait. And Ms Vega runs through my head incessantly.
0 Responses