I had the weekend off...
Sortof. I did nothing movie-related all weekend, which was nice.

On the other hand, I went shopping. I hate shopping. A lot. Especially with my mother (who, unfortunately, decided I needed some nice 'professional' clothes for grad school and offered to foot the bill). She and I can never agree on what looks nice (our personal styles differ rather a lot), she's constantly telling me that if I'd just lose 10 pounds all my old clothes would fit (sure, the cheap clothes I bought when I was a depressed and barely eating size 8... right...), and just to prove her partially right, clothing companies never make clothes that fit me properly. I have an 1885 body, you see... Bloody near an hourglass figure, which means that I have more shoulders than hips, but still have hips and a little little waist. Dammit. I'd look great in those puffy-sleeved suit-dress thingys they wore in the 1800s... *sigh*

Spent Sunday afternoon at John Walter Museum, where Benita, Tom and I were scheduled to work, and Colleen, we found out later, was also coming in to observe, since she'll be working some Sundays as well. We tried to find her a costume really quickly when she arrived at John Walter, but the only thing we could find was an '85 skirt/shirt combo that was a little too snug. I looked at Colleen and thought that if it wouldn't fit her, there was no way it would fit me, so she just hung out in modern clothes. At the end of the day, I tried it on just for kicks, over my modern clothes... and it would have fit me. Colleen could probably have worn my dress. Apparently my mother's critical comments about my size/weight are getting to me and my self-image. Bugger. We're working again this Sunday, and I'm looking quite forward to it. In fact, Adele has given Benita and I permission to grab some '05 costumes so that we can interpret 1901 House down there in really for real period costume (although the house is actually decorated inside in around 1920 style... so 20s clothes would probably be more accurate... but I've never had a chance to really wear an '05 costume... or a Fort costume for that matter... but, hey, at least I'll be able to say I've done 3 of 4 eras!). Since Colleen won't be getting a costume until next week, I'll take down both my '85 dresses and at least one of them should fit her. Probably the navy one since Colleen is tall and that's my longest dress.

I have one more movie-related day shift tomorrow. Then I have to start adjusting my sleep pattern in order for me to work the graveyard shift - 11 p.m. - 7 a.m., starting Monday night. I've decided that my entire goal in life is to see one take of one scene being filmed. I almost got to on Tuesday, but they were taking too long to set up, so I had to return to my post. I heard later that they never got around to actually filming that scene, so it was a good thing I hadn't stuck around.

And my MS Office Pro should be in soon! Yay! I can then finally start transferring all the files I want to keep to my laptop and connect IT to the internet rather than this piece of crap computer with its monitor that's on the fritz half the time. Which reminds me that I should call Compusmart to confirm that it's there. Off to do that now...
0 Responses