Of running
So... I think I'm kind of hooked. This whole running thing is actually kind of fun. Especially now that I know that if I work towards something, slow and steady, I can do it and I can accomplish my goals (yeah, I know that's one of those basic things you learn as a kid that's supposed to stick with you, but I'm one of those people to whom things mostly come easily, and when they don't, I get frustrated and give up).

Edmonton sort of becomes dead for running in the winter, but I'm thinking of doing the Running Room's Resolution Run. Which is outdoors. In Edmonton. In the winter. I'm trying to figure out whether or not it would be appropriate to try and seek sponsorship for my choir's upcoming trip to Italy for doing something so crazy as running.... outdoors... in Edmonton... in the winter... possibly hung over from the New Year's Eve celebrations the night previous.

Not to mention that I'd get a snazzy jacket out of the deal.

This is totally weird. I never figured that I would find a physical activity that I actually liked enough to do to this extent. I even went for a run (outdoors!) on Saturday when it was -6 degrees out! It was great! And with the exception of the stomach flu that I managed to get on the weekend (nothing says "Happy Thanksgiving" like being sick to your stomach), I have been feeling great lately too. Now, if it actually stops snowing tomorrow, then maybe I can go out for a run again..... If not, treadmill it is. :)
0 Responses