Of Community Involvement
So last year a friend and I did CIBC's Run for the Cure - a 5k run in support of the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. We signed up about a week before the event, didn't do much fundraising, and basically used it as an excuse to walk her dogs for the morning. It was a ton of fun, and immediately afterwards, we decided to do it again this year.

See? It was fun? Where else do you get complete stranger firefighters in pink willing to pose with you? (That's me on the bottom left, in case you're wondering. My hand is at that weird angle because we'd been trying to get the dogs to hold still - there's food in that hand)

So this year, we're more organized. There's more time to fundraise. And this year, in celebration of how much improvement and such I've made over the last year, I hope to actually RUN the 5k this year.

I realize that just about everyone and their entire family does this run, and you've probably already been hit up for donation about half a dozen times, but if you could see your way towards sponsoring me in this run, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty close to my goal - if even 6 people donate $5 (that's about £2.8, or $4.5o US, or 3.25 euro), then I'm there. If you're in Canada and donate, anything $20 and up automatically received a tax receipt (under $20, you have to make sure you request the receipt when donating).

My Donation Page at the CIBC Run for the Cure can be found HERE: TTR's Page

It's a great cause, and so many people have been affected... So please, consider donating. Please.
Labels: , , edit post
2 Responses
  1. genderist Says:

    Rock on! I'll be volunteering in the Race for the Cure (same concept - breast cancer research and support) in OKC in October. Have fun!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Hi, I havent been here in a long time. How ar eu? and have u heard anything from 'Musings Of A Disheartened Doctor' whom we used to follow? Anyway good on u for doing the run. My mum suffers from breast cancer..ahh. it sux.
    well good to see u r well/ xo