Of last-minute arrangements
I was meant to hvae a promotion interview at work last week on Thursday at 10 a.m.

At a little after 9 a.m., I got a phone call from the coordinator saying that my interview was being postponed because one of the board members forgot some paperwork. No date was set.

This was a little bit of an issue, because the same board member goes on vacation after tomorrow for about a month. No interview before tomorrow, no shot at that raise before another month goes by.

Yesterday, I still had no date set, so informed the coordinator that I could be reached by cell outside regular work hours (the coordinator is two time zones ahead), and that I was usually in the office between 7 and 7:15 in the morning.

This morning, my cell rings at 6:55. It's the coordinator saying my interview is at 7:30.

I'm not sure how well I did... I suppose I'll find out in a few weeks when my results come in...
1 Response
  1. genderist Says:

    Fingers crossed!