Of Edward Monkton
If I have not yet harangued you to check out the works of Edward Monkton, DO IT NOW!!

EdwardMonkton.com

The man is a genius. That is all there is to it. His works grace greeting cards, key chains, and other trinkets of the tchotchke (sp?!) kind... but they are wonderful. They are insightful, even. One of my personal favourites (aside from The Penguin of Death, which graces my cell phone charm and cover and The Madness Hamsters which are just awesome) is "Where Are We Going".




It is kind of small, so in case you can't read it, it goes:
"Where are we going?"
"I don't know. I thought you knew."
"No, I don't know, Maybe he knows."
"No, He definitely doesn't know."
PAUSE
"Maybe no-one knows."
PAUSE
"Oh well. I hope it's nice when we get there."



And that about sums it up for me ladies and gentlemen.


I Am Reading:
Quasi-Academically: Why History? Ethics and Postmodernity (Keith Jenkins)
For Fun:
Le Morte d'Arthur (Malory)
Pile of unread books on my bookshelf: way too many...



Labels: , , edit post
1 Response
  1. genderist Says:

    That reminds me of Brian Andreas ... you can read about him on storypeople.com