Random thievage...
So I'm sticking labels onto envelopes. Bright frickin' green fluorescent labels. If I don't take the odd break, I will go blind... Luckily Magnolia has provided me with the perfect distraction...

1. FIRST NAME: Kate

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? My great-great grandmother. We don't actually really know what her name was, though. Her birth certificate's got "Catherine", the census calls her "Kitty", "Kelly", and "Ketty" in different years, and the family all seems to have called her Kate.

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Good question. Last meltdown was sometime in England. Last tears-streaming-down-cheeks-silently was on the plane home from England. And there have been numerous close calls with tears of frustration since.

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yeah, most of the time. It's kinda old-fashioned lookin'... and I dig the old-fashioned.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHEON MEAT? Pepper salami

6. KIDS? Ew.

7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I doubt it. We'd be too much alike and I'd drive myself nuts.

8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Does this count?

9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Who, me? Sarcastic? Neeevvvver...

10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Um, yah.

11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Ew, no.

12. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? I had Frosted Flakes again the other day for the first time... normally I'm a Special K Red Berries kinda gal.

13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Depends which shoes. There are some I HAVE to untie, or else I can't get them off.

14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Um, I'm quite good at faking complete and utter independence and indifference...

15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Caramel Choo-Choo

16. SHOE SIZE? 9

17. RED OR PINK? Red

18. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOU? My inability to make close friends quickly and easily.

19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? There isn't really a who - there's a 'what', though - my independence. I miss being on my own.

20. WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Stupid email chain whatsit.

So.... where'd 21 go?

22. LAST THING YOU ATE? I'm drinking tea right now... does that count?

23. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? "Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk" by Rufus Wainwright

24. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Black.

25. FAVORITE SMELL? Vanilla

26. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? The front desk staff

27. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? They make me laugh. Seriously.

28. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON THAT SENT THIS TO YOU? Um, it wasn't really 'sent' to me...

29. FAVORITE DRINK? Mmm... Strongbow... or Pepsi.

30. FAVORITE SPORT? to watch: football (soccer) participating: football (soccer)

31. HAIR COLOR? Brown

32. EYE COLOR? blue

33. WEAR CONTACTS? Most of the time, yup.

34. FAVORITE FOOD? Turkey and spinach canelloni. Fantastic way to get rid of Christmas/Thanksgiving leftovers.

35. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Give me a good, well-researched period drama and I'm set.

36. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Does Jane Eyre on PBS count?

37. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Black. With black sweater vest. I have to work at TBS tonight and the uniform is just black. All black.

38. SUMMER OR WINTER? summer!!

39. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs

40. FAVORITE DESSERT? Cheesecake

41. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? No response necessary

42. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? No response necessary

43. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Jane Eyre (for the second time) and a book on murders solved (or not) through forensic science

44. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? a giant Dell logo.

45. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Jane Eyre on PBS

46a. What is your favorite word? Excellent (Mr Burns style)
46b. What is your least favorite word? "Healthandsafetyorientation"
46c. What turns you on? laughing
46d. What turns you off? arrogance and egotism
46e. What sound or noise do you love? Really excellent renaissance/baroque music.
46f. What sound or noise do you hate? Cellphone ringtones, including my own.
46g. What is your favorite curse word? F***
46h. What profession other than yours would you like to attempt? Forensic science
46i. What profession would you not like to have? Prison guard
46j. What would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Health and Safety training really _was_ crap.

47. If you won the lottery, what's the first thing you'd buy? A condo. Seriously. And then I'd buy myself some more education - take that book/paper conservation course at West Dean... or get my PhD... or both...

48. THE FURTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Italy

49. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I sing/play piano semi-professionally. Well, I used to, anyway.

50. WHEN AND WHERE WERE YOU BORN? '82. Ontario. Near Toronto. Which accounts for the bronchitis I had EVERY year when I was a kid. Seriously.

Tomorrow (or later today) - the joys of New Employee Health and Safety Orientation... or... More about Mould than I ever Needed to Know.
2 Responses
  1. Magnolia Says:

    I love that Rufus song. One of my faves!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    1. FIRST NAME: hasna but everyone calls me biddy

    2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?my bitchy great grandmother and some crazy welsh woman!!!

    3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? oh god i cry at least once a week!

    4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? no tis fugly

    5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHEON MEAT?
    turkey

    6. KIDS? meh

    7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I doubt it. We'd be too much alike and I'd drive myself nuts.
    - HAHAHAHAHA thats an awsome responce!!!

    8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? a livejournal....

    9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? yepp .... hehehehe

    10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? yepp

    11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? fack no

    12. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? dont actually eat cerial though i do have two boxes of special k in the pantry - corn pops are always nummy
    13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? no except runners

    14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? not at all .

    15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? vanilla or cookies and cream

    16. SHOE SIZE? 8

    17. RED OR PINK? Red

    18. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOU? my bum and the fact that i trust people too quickly which usually ends in me getting slapped around

    19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? loads of people .... things yada yada

    20. WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? hahaha YES YES I DO! ....

    So.... where'd 21 go?

    22. LAST THING YOU ATE? i am starving but i am going to go get soup!

    23. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? my computer fan

    24. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Black or Red

    25. FAVORITE SMELL? Vanilla and satsuma ( its scary how few of these answers i have to change - i am just agreeing and adding lol )

    26. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Sabrina!

    27. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? They make me laugh. Seriously. ( DUDE seriously we are too alike lol and i have pics to prove that!!! )

    28. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON THAT SENT THIS TO YOU? hahahaha i am jsut reading her blog but yes yes i do i love her to bits!

    29. FAVORITE DRINK? Mmm... Strongbow... or Pepsi. ( ohhhh so close - mine is strongbow and coke )

    30. FAVORITE SPORT? to watch: football (soccer) participating: football (soccer)

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA love it

    31. HAIR COLOR? Brown/y black!

    32. EYE COLOR? green

    33. WEAR CONTACTS? no i spent way too much on my glasses for them lol

    34. FAVORITE FOOD? rice rice and more rice - ohhh and hot wings ;)

    35. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? i hate happy endings ...

    36. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? umm.... i cant remeber but i think it may have actually been harry potter ....

    37. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? ummm silvery i think

    38. SUMMER OR WINTER? summer!! or winter - depends i did get new skiis!

    39. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs ( me too )

    40. FAVORITE DESSERT? Cheesecake ( Yumm!!! )

    41. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? hehehe no one

    42. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? No one again

    43. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? WELL! i am reading "Ethics" for my exam tomorrow, and "microbiol;ogy - an introduction" for the exam on saturday .... oh and the third book from the belgariad - fantastic

    44. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? dont have it at the mo but its a frog from the Uof A

    45. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? umm OHHH house!

    46a. What is your favorite word? apparently "snap" at the moment - and sweet - or thats hot ....
    46b. What is your least favorite word? .... philosophy ;-) DAMN EXAM!

    46c. What turns you on? laughing
    46d. What turns you off? arrogance and egotism

    ( again true true )

    46e. What sound or noise do you love? i cant say he will get cocky!!!

    46f. What sound or noise do you hate? ummm..... the mall actually now

    46g. What is your favorite curse word? frack and shite

    46h. What profession other than yours would you like to attempt? Forensic science ( ohhhh thats cool ) - HAHAHAHA I CAN WRITE THIS NOW - classical arceologist ..... cause i am going to be a nurse lol

    46i. What profession would you not like to have? Prison guard ( ohh good call )

    46j. What would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? who knows hopefully i will be blasting through them in a great car@

    47. If you won the lottery, what's the first thing you'd buy? a boat because i promised scott

    48. THE FURTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? morroccow or italy
    49. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? doubt it

    50. WHEN AND WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Edmonboring in '80