Why does getting a good job feel so bad?
So...

I got a full-time job.

Am I happy? Not particularly.

It's at the University, and I know that I like the people, and the work won't be difficult. It also guarantees me about 35 hours a week and pays nearly twice as much as TBS. There's benefits, and possibilities for advancement. It's great.

So why the hell do I feel like such an ass?

I'm loving TBS. I'm not even quitting TBS. I'll work at the uni one or two days a week for training until the end of December, then start full-time. I was never guaranteed that the TBS job would last past Christmas anyway, but I'm hoping that I might be able to keep the odd evening or weekend shift, since I'm rather liking it there (see last post).

Money sure is nice to have, since it pays the rent and all that... but it sure as hell doesn't make you happy.
1 Response
  1. genderist Says:

    Wow. You're exactly where I'd like to be next fall... except for teaching full time and picking up some odd nursing shifts on some weekends. :)

    Maybe you can stay on TBS as a special part time thing? Do you think you'd like that? Is there any way to talk to the TBS mgt people and tell them you'd rather land a job further up the ladder, even if that meant moving? It's worth a shot.