Of frustration
I finally got to see the friend from that last post for the first time since she's gotten back this weekend.

She met a guy while she was on training, and when I heard this, I was incredibly happy for her. And I still am, I guess.

But with the exception of the times when she was driving, she spent a huge portion of the time we were together texting, and I'm pretty sure a lot of them were to the guy in question, although I can't be 100%.

Granted, we were in a sort of house party situation so it's not like we were one on one and having an in-depth conversation, but it felt like she was totally tuned out, not only myself but the other people present, the entire weekend, which really sucked after my friend B and I made an effort to try and sort of make her feel special.

I know she's still probably not feeling all that great. I can understand that none of us out here won't exactly know what happened during her training, and we'll never be able to 100% relate to her circumstances, and I know that infatuation is a glorious feeling (being in the midst of it myself, and knowing that if that text message came I'd probably feel amazing - and no, I don't know if the feelings are reciprocated, but given my track record, I'm probably getting my hopes up for nothing, and yes, perhaps I am a teensy bit jealous of the fact that she's managed to find someone, but I wouldn't have minded so much if not for the behaviour attached to it... but I digress...).

Nevertheless, I'm feeling like there's this wall that went up while she was gone and it makes me sad. I know people change and drift apart, but I'm wondering what's going on with this...
2 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    It sounds like your friend is swaying more towards the infatuation rather than you both drifing apart. A new romance is consumingly exciting! Especially if she's just gone through a bad time. If her infatuation is reciprocated from this guy, she'll be ever so happy and you can rejoice together, she'll confide in you and you can share in her joy (it'l put a smile on your face too).. if he doesn't feel the same and it leads to dissapointment, a friend is what she'll need and drifting apart or not, familiarity is comfortable and you, as a good friend, will be there to share in that also. :-)


  2. genderist Says:

    I hate it when people continuously text... especially if they're also part of a social gathering.

    Put your phone down and enjoy the people who are here talking to you. If you want to talk with the person who isn't here, then leave.

    I think it's just rude.