Of eharmony
So after my last post, I felt the need to see if I actually COULD get past all eHarmony's barriers.

Either they've lightened up in the last few years, or I'm not as "screwed up" as I thought I might be. I successfully registered and got my personality profile. I would post excerpts here, but it's not exactly organized in a way that's conducive to quoting out of context. And in some ways I think it's relatively inaccurate (or maybe it was my state of mind when I was answering the questions or something... I don't feel like I cheated and was trying to be more conservative than I usually am, but maybe it was a subconscious thing).

I haven't paid them yet, so it's not like I'll actually get to do any matchmaking (or rather, they'll send me matches, but I won't be able to communicate with them or see their photos unless I pay, and CHRIST - it's $60/month if you only sign up for one month... or, like, $240/year, payable all at once, there are better things I could spend my money on - I'm not that desperate yet), but I was amused that I actually managed to get past their screening, and just felt the need to share.
Labels: edit post
2 Responses
  1. genderist Says:

    When we were in college The Hater and I filled out profiles on one of those online dating services to see how we'd match. I think it said we were 97-98%. It was also free at the time... but that was also 9 years ago.


  2. george Says:

    I was the emergency date at a wedding last night for a couple who met through lava life...so I guess it does work out...but they too mentioned the cost...wow!! But fun to consider...