Of Facebook status updates that never were
Ever wanted to update your facebook status to say what you were really feeling, but then decided it probably wasn't a good idea to broadcast those thoughts to the world?

Yeah, so have I.

And yet I'm going to do it anyway, 'cuz it needs to happen somewhere.

The Tudor Rose:
  • Is sick of sleeping alone
  • Does not necessarily think that your kids are cute
  • Is ridiculously happy that you're happy, but is still so jealous she could cry.
  • 's feet stink
  • Has the worst cramps she's had in a long time (apologies to any male readers)
  • 's office is a revolving door - so many people are leaving (and no wonder!)
  • is #*&^%& #)*@#$&
  • Could not care less
  • Wishes that certain of her coworkers would just stay on vacation
  • needs you to get off you bloody high horse.



Having said all that, I'm doing pretty good these days. My work life is more or less balancing my social life. I've met the guy who will be my boss in a month and a half, and he seems pretty cool. I'm going to get to set my own hours in the fall, so as long as I average out 37.5 hours/week over every 2-3 weeks, I can keep working a compressed schedule. I know how it works so I get a day off every two weeks, so w'ell see if that works. :) I only have 15 more business days left at my current place of employment! Woohoo!

And it's the type of place where they won't care if I'm 15 minutes late coming back from lunch so long as I make it up somewhere else. Magnolia, that means we can start doing lunch again in September!

I went to Taste of Edmonton twice (ok, granted, the second time was just after work today to get some Green Tea Ice cream, 'cuz I don't get to Kyoto much...).

I'm looking forward to some amazing Indian cuisine at a coworker's place tomorrow evening, hosting an event on the History of Beer down at FEP next week, and having Friday off next week to go get a massage and my hair done.

I have the last two weeks of August off. I figured I'd be doing nothing of particular importance, so I volunteered to help out with a friend's Fringe show - that'll be superfun!

It's a little under a month before I head to San Francisco for a 4-day vacation, and I get to see Radiohead while I'm there! My favouritest band ever! And then I get to do some more vacation-y sorts of things, and then I start the new job.

Things aren't perfect, but they're pretty damn good.
2 Responses
  1. Magnolia Says:

    YAYAYAYAYAY!! Lunches!! And I am so excited that you are going to be working on the show. It is really starting to feel fun, and I am excited about sharing that with other friends!


  2. Dr Vegas Says:

    Your new boss sounds cool . Want to swap?