The Railway Museum
So. As I mentioned last post, we had a handbell gig this weekend. At Darlington Railway Museum, where they were having a "Victorian Christmas".

Ha!

I'm spoiled. And I know I'm spoiled. But seriously, it was the LEAST Victorian Christmas I've ever seen, unless you count the trains from the 1800s. None of the staff even TRIED! My handbell group was the most Victorian thing there, and honestly, well, after Adele and FEP, my expectations are pretty much sky high. So imagine my shock and horror when I was handed a costume made from synthetic materials and with a zipper up the back. Mmmhm. Yup. Reminded me a bit of an 80s prom dress, but that's ok. I wore the boots, though. I even took off my watch.

And once my inner cringe was over, I managed to have fun for the rest of the day. The place wasn't heated very well (Thank god for the shawl!), but we played/sang/whatever for 5 hours straight, and it was definitely fun. Went for fish and chips afterwards, and had tea at one of the girls' houses in the evening and played silly board games. It was great!

And now I need to nurse the slight bruise I developed playing four-in-hand - have you ever had a bruise between your two fingers? Most awkward place for a bruise ever, but hey, it was the result of a fun day - I can deal.
0 Responses