Bored with Latin
Had Latin class tonight. And much as I'm thrilled that Rudolph's nose was so lustrous it would make you want to tell everyone (although I gotta give the teacher credit for attempting to keep us amused), there are more interesting things out there. Like this meme I just found:

10 random things you might not know about me
- I speak French well enough to be considered almost completely bilingual by the Canadian government.
- I'm absolutely addicted to "hint of lime" nacho chips
- While I can't be bothered doing it just for myself, I am, in fact, a good cook/baker.
- I have a massive collection of stuffed animals living in a huge trunk in my parents' garage.
- I'm fortunate enough to have found the Ladies of Lallybroch online and have consistently visited them for more than five years now.
- By the time my year here is over, I will have been to Scotland at least 4 times
- I was once on the TV show HiQ - which was a quiz show for junior high students
- I have a tattoo
- I haven't seen my grandmother in... 3 or 4 years now.
- I keep Spice Girls and other useless pop music on my MP3 player to jog to.

9 places I’ve visited
-Venice
-Paris
-London
-Switzerland
-Germany
-Belgium
-Mexico
-Scotland
-Disney World

8 ways to win my heart
-Make me laugh
-Cook for me
-Just hold me
-Do something nice for me without a reason
-Give me a hug
-Teach me something without making me feel like an idiot
-Be kind
-Listen to me

7 things I want to do before I die
-Become Dr. Kate
-See Australia and New Zealand
-Learn to play the organ and/or harp
-Get a job I really love
-Find someone to love
-Take singing lessons again
-Donate a lot of money to charity

6 things I’m afraid of
-Heights
-Bridges
-Traffic in Europe
-Being alone
-Losing someone I love
-Dying and having no one care

5 things I don’t like
-Avocado. Blech.
- Negativity. Everyone's allowed to have a shite day, but all the time? Can't deal with it.
- Depression. It's a debilitating illness and I seem to be feeling it a little more acutely lately.
- Green tea
- The color pink

4 ways to turn me off
- Come across as arrogant and 'holier-than-thou'
- Nasty/negligent personal hygiene
- Show violence towards the weak
- Attempt to show off how much alcohol you can hold

3 things I do every day
- Read blogs
- Check email
- Sleep

2 things that make me happy
- The thought that it's now only 10 days until I board the plane home
- Knowing people care

1 thing on my mind right now
- The paper I should be working on but have so far neglected horrendously.
2 Responses
  1. This was a really great idea. I think I might have to "borrow" it long enough to share the same with the rest of the blog community. And you hate avacados?!? Blasphemy!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Kate - you've been to so many different places in the world, it's fantastic :)

    About the avocados though... what's the deal? They are our best friends! Full of... magnesium, or whatever. B12, all that good stuff.

    It's funny that you have an irrational fear of bridges :) Or maybe not, considering what I read in your blog about all the bridges around where you are. I have a similarly irrational fear of trains. Train whistles give me the shivers, and I have the hardest time crossing tracks.

    Amy