Of music Memes...
As Magnolia has pointed out, Music Memes are super fun.

Name your top 10 most played bands on iTunes:

  1. Billie Holliday
  2. The Smashing Pumpkins
  3. Franz Ferdinand
  4. Jem
  5. Captain Tractor
  6. Coldplay
  7. The Feelers
  8. Hole
  9. The Killers
  10. Sam Cooke

What was the first song you ever heard by 6 (Coldplay)? "Bigger, Stronger". It's a very early-radiohead-esque b-side that one of my guy friends had on a mix cd that I borrowed one summer we were working together.
What is your favorite album of 2 (Smashing Pumpkins)? "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness". Classic.

What is your favorite lyric that 5 (Captain Tractor) has sung? "The words of that song/go 'round in my head/as I'm crawling along /well they might as well leave me for dead..."

How many times have you seen 4 (Jem) live? Can't say that I have. I really only like the one song, "They".

What is your favorite song by 7 (The Feelers)? "The Leaving."

What is a good memory you have involving the music of 10 (Sam Cooke)? Grade 6 musical, baby!

Is there a song of 3 (Franz Ferdinand) that makes you sad? Sometimes "Fade Together" will get me, but I have to be in a crappy mood to begin with.

What is your favorite lyric that 2 (Smashing Pumpkins) has sung? "Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage".

How did you get into 3 (Franz Ferdinand)? I'd heard they were good. I'd heard "Do You Want To" and liked it. I bought the album. The end.

What is your favorite song by 4 (Jem)? "They". It's really the only song by her that I'm particularly into, but apparently it's one of my most-played.

Is there a song of 8 (Hole) that makes you sad? No. Much like Jem, I'm only a big fan of one song, really - "Celebrity Skin".

What is your favorite song of 1 (Billie Holiday)? "Me, Myself and I".

What is your favorite album of 1 (Billie Holiday)? None in particular. She's just fantastic.


0 Responses