Of a fun couple of days.
It's been a fun few days.

My birthday was on Tuesday.

We got carrot cake at work for no particular reason (one of the ladies I work with runs a cake business on the side...) on Wednesday

I've spoken to an NHL hockey player. That was awkward. You could tell he was trying not to let on what he did for a living, and I was trying not to let on that I knew what he did for a living...

I've spoken to a Canadian senator. Good times...

On the walk home this afternoon, I saw a cop blatantly use his lights and siren to run a red light when there was absolutely no reason for him to be doing so.

I also saw the most giant dog ever. Seriously. He must have come up to at least my elbow, if not somewhere between my elbow and my shoulder. I'm sure he was either a mastiff or a bullmastiff... anyway, he was huge. This in and of itself would have been mildly interesting, were it not for the fact that as I watched, two yuppie couples with their teensy little chihuahua-esque dogs were walking by. And the chihuahua-esque dogs were yapping away at the mastiff, straining their leashes, trying to have a go at it. The mastiff was pretty laid-back, so he ignored them for a while. But then, he slowly turns around, plodding on those massively huge paws of his, and makes a half-hearted lunge towards the yippy rats and gives a giant bark. For a moment, the yipping stops. Every pedestrian who can see what's going on has a massive grin on their faces... and then the yipping starts again. The mastiff was on a leash, but even the half-hearted lunge he'd made dragged his owner forwards a couple of feet. It was highly amusing for all of us watching, but maybe you just had to be there.

And that is all...
2 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Sounds more exciting than things around here. It's pretty quiet and low-key in Calgary. There's been some bouts of spending money on things required for the trip; the excitement factor has begun to set in. Counting down the days.
    Thank you again for all the help last week - you're a hero and a life saver!


  2. genderist Says:

    Happy Birthday!!! (and many more!)