Of soundtracks
Magnolia pointed out that a bunch of us in the same blogging circle had completed this meme a little over a year ago... and that since her playlists had changed quite a bit, she was going to redo it.

Well, ditto. :-)

Last time I did this I used my "general listenage" playlist for selection B, and my entire library (including Christmas music et al) for selection A. This time will just be reversed. :)


Life Soundtrack
IF YOUR LIFE WAS A MOVIE, WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK BE?
So, here's how it works:

1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't lie

Opening Credits:
a) Martika - "Toy Soldiers" (Hm. Setting the scene for a cheesy 80s angst-ridden movie...)
b) Radiohead - "(Nice Dream)" (I can handle this - makes for a good opening).

Waking Up:
a) Robbie Williams - "Random Acts of Kindness" (ok, good start to the morning)
b) Weezer - "Dope Nose" (in which the Tudor Rose becomes a crack addict)

First day at High School:
a) The Tragically Hip - "Scared" (ha! this scene is perhaps filmed from the bully's POV?)
b) Evanescence - "Haunted" (appropriate for the scariness that was the first day of school!)

Falling in Love:
a) James Blunt - "Out Of My Mind" (well, I don't know about the rest of the lyrics, but the chorus definitely fits)
b) Glenn Miller and his Orchestra - "Adios" (perhaps the object of my affection will also share an affection for Glenn Miller?)

Fight Song:
a) Trespassers William - "I know" (In terms of tempo and composition, not really what you'd expect, but you could almost see an Ang Lee-eque slow-mo martial arts scene for it...)
b) The Beatles - "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)" (some humorous circumstance led to a mixup that involves people now running after each other through an amusement park with guns...)

Breaking Up:
a) Billie Holiday - "My Man" (ok, apparently I'm being broke up with, or iTunes screwed this up royally...)
b) J. S. Bach - "Wo Ist Der Neugeborne König Der Juden" - (from Bach's Christmas oratorio... very snotty breakup, apparently)

Prom:
a) Evanescence - "Taking Over Me" (This is going to be like a prom straight out of Carrie, apparently. Or Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Or some weird mixture of both).
b) Great Big Sea - "Seagulls" (prom is destined to end in disappointment... Don't really want to be there...)

Life:
a) Wolfmother - "Love Train" (ummmm....)
b) The Choir of King's College, Cambridge - "While Shepherds Watched" (apparently thinking back on my life at Christmas?)

Mental Breakdown:
a) Skye - "Say Amen" (A bit peppy for amental breakdown, but apt lyrics describing the confusion... apparently I'm breaking down after my breakup, though)
b) Glenn Miller - "That Old Black Magic" (very apt - sweet, cheerful, loving music to provide a foil to the mental anguish that would be obvious on screen...)

Driving:
a) Radiohead - "Let Down" (Perfect. I love driving to this song. Esp on highway stretches. It's just got a tempo and tonality that's perfect for letting the scenery fly by).
b) JS Bach - "Nun komm' der Heiden Heiland" (organ piece that conveys a bit of a sense of urgency... I'm apparently driving somewhere in a hurry).

Flashback:
a) Stealers Wheel - "Stuck In The Middle With You" (Flashback to dancing at the bar in my university days, apparently).
b) Great Big Sea - "The Chemical Workers' Song" (flashback on all the crap that's happened in life)

Getting Back Together:
a) Neko Case - "At Last" (choosing love over circumstances? Pretty apt...)
b) Glenn Miller - "Moonlight Cocktail" (very apt.)

Wedding:
a) Nine Inch Nails - "Closer". (um, yes, well...)
b) Coldplay - "God Put A Smile On Your Face" (Arranged marriage?)

Birth of Child:
a) Bright Eyes - "Lover I Don't Have To Love" (this movie is turning into a tragedy, a story of an abusive relationship or something...)
b) Seal - "Kiss From A Rose" (Hm... sort of apt in a "light of my life", "advice to a child" kind of way).

Final Battle:
a) Peerless Quartet - "That Aeroplane Glide" (old time-y black and white battle complete with static-y bits on the film strip...)
b) Tadpole - "Backdoor" (that's better. Agressive guitar riffs, aggressive lyrics, definitely fight music...)

Death Scene:
a) Sigur Ros - "Með Blóðnasir" (nice, peaceful death...)
b) Bing Crosby - "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (I don't want to die at Christmas! That's so depressing!)

Funeral Song:
a) Aslan - "Fall On Me" (I have no idea what to make of this. It doesn't fit at all.)
b) Billie Holiday - "Me, Myself and I" (Well, at least I know someone loved me...?)

End Credits:
a) Feist - "I Feel It All" (Nice way to sum up a life, really...)
b) Anon - "Sequence - Missus Gabriel De Celis" (as performed by Anonymous 4... everyone is going to walk out on the credits, this is so inapt. I'm firing my director now...)



I Am Reading:
Quasi-Academically: The Life of Saint Philip Neri (Antonio Gallonio)
For Fun:
Le Morte d'Arthur (Malory)
Pile of unread books on my bookshelf: way too many...
0 Responses