Of parties
So I tried throwing a small party this evening and had invited about 30 of my friends. I had 10 RSVPs that people were actually coming. Add to this peoples' friends and significant others, and I was expecting about 15-20 people in my apartment this evening.

I had a few last-minute cancellations. That brought my total down to about 12-17 people for the evening.

Only seven showed.

I had a great time with the people that were here. Love them to bits. But that means that about 4-5 people that were on my "Attending" list didn't show up.

And I'm...

Hurt? Pissed off? I can't quite decide which.

At least have the courtesy to tell me you can't come, even if it is just an email at the last minute. Don't just not show.

I think hurt is winning right now. I was looking forward to spending time with these people, and was anticipating seeing them tonight. Instead they've blown me off for whatever reason. Not impressed.

I Am Reading:
Quasi-Academically: The Heritage Crusade and the Spoils of History (David Lowenthal)
For Fun: Santa Claus: A Biography (Gerry Bowler)
Pile of unread books on my bookshelf: 18
Labels: edit post
2 Responses
  1. Kate, if it is any consolation, exactly the same thing happened to me last year: I wanted to throw a big party for my friends and colleagues to celebrate my 30th b-day, had food to feed at least 25 people, and in the end only 12 or so showed up. And some didn't even have the decency to tell me beforehand they wouldn't be able to make it. Argh! I was royally p.o.


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Oh!!! I wouldn't have liked that at all... You have every right to be hurt! Or furious. Or both!