Of attitude
Perhaps I am a wee bit unusual.

Ok, ok, yes, I know, I _am_ unusual. But not in this sense.

Generally, when I start a new job, even if it's not what I want to be doing, I feign interest and do my best to make the most of a crap situation. Case in point, my first job with the government. Didn't really want it, but needed it for the money. Wasn't interested, and started looking for ways out even before I set foot in the door, but still made an effort and tried not to piss people off.

One of my new staff members is a whole four weeks into the job. Hell, this person hasn't even started the job as of yet - the last four weeks have been training. And already they want to get out. Employee A is making no secret of it. No problem, I can completely understand.

But holy hell does this Employee A's attitude suck. EE A sits in the back of the room with her arms crossed. EE A tries to argue with the security guy about the name that should be on their ID card. EE A refuses to respond when we say goodbye to them at the end of the day and huffs out. Snarky comments abound under their breath to the other employees.

My god. EE A's been on the job 7.5 hours, and already we're going to have to have a chat about attitude. This is ridiculous.
Labels: , edit post
1 Response
  1. genderist Says:

    Oh yeah. Bad attitude makes it awful.