Of catching up
24May2009

Having been at work pretty much non-stop for the last 5 months, and having to deal with entertaining the boy in between has meant that I've neglected a few friendships.

Fortunately I have two best friends that understand that even if I don't spend time with them all that often (literally months have passed in some cases), I still appreciate them and like them.

So Friday night it was down to a friend's place (I drove the new car! I'm still loving that I can do that!) for snack and chatting and such, then yesterday over to another friend's place for a run, food, and general games-y goodness.

The run was great - first time I've run outdoors in an extremely long time, and I'm thrilled with my fitness level. It would have killed me if I'd attempted it a year ago, but now I was able to keep up with my friend. I am, however, feeling the impact in my bones today - which is the one disadvantage to running on pavement rather than on a treadmill. Still, I think I shall have to do it more often as the summer progresses. :)
0 Responses